Saturday, February 26, 2011

I couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

I definitely am not the most insightful being in this blog-o-sphere, so I thought I would put some of my favorite make a post about my favorite marketing quotes to make you think and to make you think I am oh-so-smart!


These are my ten favorite marketing quotes - I hope they inspire you as much as they have inspired me. I know with finals coming up and graduation, we can all use a little inspiration. 


1.The Importance Of Actionable Market Research
"Great wisdom not applied to action and behavior is meaningless data." -Peter Drucker


2. How to Really See your Customer
"If you want to understand how a lion hunts don't go to the zoo. Go to the jungle." -Jim Stengel CMO of P&G


3. Be Flexible in Your Efforts
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." -Charles Darwin


4. Making the World Better Through Innovation
"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker


5. So This is Why I am in College!
“Marketing takes a day to learn. Unfortunately, it takes a lifetime to master.” - Philip Kotler


6. And so Are We All
"We're not in the hamburger business, we're in show business!" - Ray Croc


7. My Most Valuable Product
"Don't turn down the chance to go anywhere. Join clubs, do anything you can to get out there and meet people. You are your product. Advertise it." - Max Markson


8. Ethics are Great. So are Profits. 
"Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing." - John Rockafeller


9. Initiatite and Incite
"The easiest thing is to react. The second easiest is to respond. But the hardest thing is to initiate." Seth Godin


10. Find Your True Fans
"Fans, true fans, are hard to find and precious.  Just a few can change everything. What they demand, though, is generosity and bravery' - Seth Godin (Yes, he is so awesome that he deserves to have TWO quotes on here!)


Is there any pearls of wisdom I missed? Share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment