Tuesday, March 8, 2011

From the Classroom to the Boardroom...

Right now I am studying for my last marketing exam of my college career. Practicing for my final marketing presentation. Writing my final paper. Next week I will be a college graduate and I will be taking 4 years of knowledge from the classroom into the boardroom.




It's terrifying! Everyone says that I should be excited because I have already found a job at Intrepid, a market research company in Seattle. Its my dream job - delving into consumers minds, doing primarily qualitative research, and working with exciting brands like Microsoft. But I can't help but be scared.






Will I remember all that marketing information I have learned in the last 4 years?
Will my skills easily transfer over to the real world?
Will I impress my bosses, coworkers, and clients?
Will I be good enough?

I know these are questions that we ask ourselves when we make a major profession change - whether you are in marketing or in medicine or any field. So I was wondering - what was everyone's experience moving from the classroom to the real world? How did you deal with the uncertainties?

I appreciate all advice ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment